Stating The Obvious 0455 – The Power Of A Liberal Arts Education: Mental Health Problems, Trannies and Journalism Degrees.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode:
Olympic figure skater says Hillary “is the most qualified candidate in history, and really we need someone with that background.”
I offer proof that transgendered people are mentally ill.
Emergency call boxes on CSU campus cost $5000 a year to maintain and have been used once in the last 10 years.
The Fort Collins Police Department is racist. The racism has caused “emotional pain, suffering, humiliation and mental anguish.” Just not enough of any of these for those discriminated against to get different jobs.
Scientific fraud at Duke University cost $200 million of your tax money and has been published in 38 research papers.
College students have massive mental health problems.
Chryss Cada whines about her pay as an adjunct teacher at CSU.
1. You have a journalism degree. How much money do you think you are worth?
2. Why don’t you go find a real job and make more money? Oh yea, journalism degree.
3. You only work nine months a year.
4. You can’t do math.
5. Given the bad grammar in the article written about you in the Collegian you evidently aren’t doing your job very well.
To be fair there are a couple more things about journalism in a degree (such as ethics and law). You are, however, completely justified in leaving them out by the fact that no working journalist appears aware of them anyway.
You have a legit point.
Here are a couple more math problems Professor Cada struggled with:
1) She earns $20,000 for 9 months of work (part time), 20 hours per week. There are 2087 hours in a year of 40 hour work weeks (OPM.GOV), and 1043 hours working half time. In 9 months there are 783 working hours for a half time worker. $20,000 / 783 = $25.50 per hour. Not so bad.
2) For laughs assume $11/hour claim is correct. Parking cost is $565 per year, her salary is $20,000. 565/20,000 = 2.8%. 2.8% of $11 is $.31/hr, not $2/hr like she claimed.
You did math and you disagreed with a woman. You are clearly sexist.
In all seriousness. I didn’t do the math as you did. You are correct. $25.50/hour isn’t bad at all. I don’t think she ever attempted the math. She simply felt oppressed because feelings and declared herself to be oppressed because feelings.