I don’t like “self-help” books, but I do like books about self-improvement. This would be one of them.
In this episode I read from and talk about Choose Yourself. Be Happy, Make Millions, Live The Dream by James Altucher. I do of course totally mutilate James’ last name.
James talks about:
- The crashing economy.
- Unemployment and why it’s not going away.
- Making money.
- Multiple income streams.
- Balancing the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of your existence.
- Why the middle class is dead.
- Why and how you have been replaced.
- Why the corporations don’t like you as an employee.
- Why money isn’t happiness.
- Why your retirement plan is for shit.
- Your excuses.
- Why abundance will never come from your job.
- How and why to become an idea machine.
- Why your opinions don’t matter. You’ve heard some of these from me multiple times. Such as “Why educate people?” and “Nobody is ever going to change his mind.”
- How honesty leads to making money.
- And . . . how to choose yourself.
This book isn’t Earth-shattering, but it’s damn solid. At 250 pages and well written you can blow through this book in a day of devoted reading. I highly suggest delving into James’ book and exploring his ideas.
Also visit his website/blog which I am tracking and will likely make multiple appearances in Linkage.