This episode of Stating The Obvious is sponsored by:
Asshole Consulting. You want truth? It’ll cost you. But it’ll cost you less than being lied to.
The Aaron Clarey Literary Canon. Aaron Clarey has already written a book about that.
For those who whine about the content of my podcasts here is a reminder. I do this for me. Not for you. If you want me to do a podcast for you to your criteria that will cost you $500 per episode. Your other option is, as always, to fuck off and die.
In this episode:
Baby raccoons. They are not “super cute”. They are “fucking cute.” I’ll explain why.
A girl I know got her first paying internship.
Two years after graduation college. She got a degree in playing with baby animals. I wonder who’s been paying her bills for the last two years.
Or for all I know she’s been paying them the old fashioned way.
What are the criteria for being an adult?
1. You support yourself. I don’t have to do that for you.
2. You can manage your own emotions. I don’t have to do that for you.
3. You have moved past your need to control other people and “fix” other people by forcing them to believe and act the way you want them to.
4. You take full responsibility for the results you get in life.
5. You have self-awareness.
I spent an evening with some friends. As anticipated it eventually morphed into an anti-Trump virtue signalling circle jerk. These are actual quotes from Hillary voters who have no idea why you hate them.
“Everyone in New York hates Trump.”
“Trump destroyed small businesses.”
“How can all these people have voted for Trump but I don’t know any of them?”
“Trump voters are stupid.”
“They only voted for Trump because they don’t know him.”
I didn’t argue with these people because:
- They don’t have the mental capacity to argue.
- The circle jerk only lasted 4 minutes due to short attention spans.
- I’m filled with joy to see how miserable they are.
These are the sort of people who have no identity without the political ideology they have been allowed to have by their masters. Dumb but they provide entertaining material for the podcast.